A FOCUS ON SUSTAINABLE BUILDING SOLUTIONS
Based on our fundamental interest in sustainability, we have built up a market leading assortment of products developed for the building envelope and solid skills in manufacturing and installation.
Nordic Waterproofing’s products’ material properties have a long material durability of up to half a century. We are now working to continuously broaden the range and product quality.
INCREASED FOCUS ON SUSTAINABILITY
The Group has increased its focus on sustainability to meet the market’s demand for more sustainable solutions. It also includes the work of reducing the CO2 footprint with clear new targets. It comprises the value chain; purchasing, production and installation. More efficient resource utilization with increased recycling has also been prioritized and targeted.
ONE-STOP-SHOP – BROADENED PRODUCT PORTFOLIO AND INSTALLATION SERVICES
We increase our sales potential by broadening the product portfolio with further application solutions, functions and services for buildings and infrastructure.
NORDIC REGION HOME MARKET FOR CONSTRUCTION PRODUCTS AND INSTALLATION SERVICES
The Nordic region is the home market for construction products such as bitumen-based waterproofing, prefabricated elements, green infrastructure and installation services.
NORTHERN EUROPE MARKET FOR EPDM RUBBER PRODUCTS
To obtain economies of scale for EPDM rubber products, the market is geographically larger, with Northern Europe primarily as the main market. Sales also take place in the rest of Europe and the Middle East.
The defined financial and operational goals must be achieved with both organic growth and acquisitions.
Existing customers – improve the product portfolio and service offering for our existing customers.
Reduce cyclical sensitivity – be relevant in the renovation market to balance declines in new construction.
Geographical spread – apply geographical leverage to newly acquired product and service categories.
Take advantage of megatrends in the construction industry – sustainable construction solutions, energy efficiency, renewable energy sources and efficiency on the construction site through increased exposure to prefabrication
Growth through acquisitions
Vertical integration upwards to offer complete solutions – increase exposure to end customers. By broadening and improving our product portfolio and increasing the number of services, the Group will increasingly constitute a one-stop-shop opportunity for customers who are looking for complete solutions for the protection of buildings and infrastructure.
We focus on small and medium-sized companies in the Nordic region and northern Europe that present good synergy potential with our current business operations. These are companies that focus on sustainable solutions and that can increase the content of our product and service offering and thus added value through downstream integration.
Since the company was listed in 2016, the Group’s sales have doubled through organic growth and acquired companies. In 2022, the following companies were acquired, whose total annual turnover amounted to approximately SEK 298 m (stated in parentheses):
- Gordon Low Ltd in the UK, specialised manufacture, and distribution of waterproofing of dams and other waterproofing solutions for landscaping, water mitigation and agricultural sectors (5 MGBP)
- VKP Holding Oy in Finland, provides roofing and waterproofing services (9 MEUR)
- Anneberg Limtrae A/S, manufactures glulam components such as beams, columns, and small glulam houses (40 MDKK)
- EG Trading Oy in Finland, wide range of green infrastructure solutions for landscapes, including homegrown sedum mats (EUR 3 million)
- Hagmans Tak Sverige AB in Sweden, installer of bitumen-based roofing products (SEK 15 million)
- Playgreen Finland Oy in Finland, offers environmentally friendly tailor-made renewable energy solutions to customers for installation on public buildings, industries, farms and private houses (7 MEUR).