A FOCUS ON SUSTAINABLE BUILDING SOLUTIONS
Based on our fundamental interest in sustainability, we have built up a market leading assortment of products developed for the building envelope and solid skills in manufacturing and installation.
Mature and consolidated industry
The waterproofing market is consolidated, and the market shares tend to remain stable over time. The industry requires local production, since transportation costs account for a considerable proportion of the total costs (high weight combined with partnerships, training programmes, technical service and highly motivated employees have contributed to the creation of long-term relationships with customers. High-quality waterproofing is crucial
In addition, a set of well-defined financial and operational targets, Nordic Waterproofing seeks to generate value for its various stakeholders over time through the following strategic targets:
• Enhance our product and service offering for our existing customers.
• Apply geographic leverage to newly acquired product and service categories.
• Benefit from mega trends in the construction industry: sustainable building solutions, energy efficiency, renewable energy sources, and site efficiency through increased exposure to prefabrication.
• Forward integration to increase exposure to end customers. By widening and enhancing our products and services with new product categories, we foresee that the Group will increasingly become a one stop shop opportunity for customers seeking comprehensive solutions for building and infrastructure protection.
• We intend to maintain our acquisition focus on small to medium sized companies presenting good synergistic potential with our existing businesses.
SOLID POSITION IN OUR LEGACY BUSINESS
We consider the following market characteristics to be favourable.
Mature and consolidated industry
The waterproofing market is consolidated, and the market shares tend to remain stable over time. The industry requires local production, since transportation costs account for a considerable proportion of the total costs (high weight in proportion to the value of the product) and since customers expect short delivery times (requiring manufacturers to have reliable and efficient logistic solutions).
Production processes in the industry involve a high level of automation, reducing competition from countries able to take advantage of lowcost labour. The various waterproofing markets are characterized by differences in construction regulations and traditions.
Long-term reliability is of crucial importance Customers generally seek proven and wellestablished products and materials from strong brands with a long tradition of quality and expertise, since long-term reliability is of crucial importance. The Group’s well-reputed brands, combined with partnerships, training programmes, technical service and highly motivated employees have contributed to the creation of long-term relationships with customers.
High-quality waterproofing is crucial
Flawless waterproofing is key for a safe and sustainable building, and failure in choice of material, quality and installation could have farreaching consequences. Waterproofing products and solutions are crucial to the construction process and account for a small fraction of the total construction cost. Thus, construction companies are sourcing the roofing from qualified installers who have the necessary understanding of the best material for the building or structure.
Stable demand for bitumen products
We have noted a continued preference for bitumen as the most suitable waterproofing material. Accordingly, bitumen remains the primary choice of material in Nordic Waterproofing’s markets.